Altengrün in Bohemia



Altengrün is first mentioned 1314 by a donation of the village to the cloister Waldsassen as property of the Hartenbergs, but also the Nothaft's have had later rights on this village. In the 15. century changed Altengrün over to the Graves Schlick, by them separations contracts of 1489 and 1525 the village stays to the county Falkenau. 1525 has the village 11 manships with 6 ½ hofs (farms). After the separations contract of 1525, presumable between 1529 and 1537, Altengrün changed over to Heinrichsgrün in exchange with the forrest area Golda and was by erect of an own parish Heinrichsgrün in 1538 inparished to there. 1587 the county Heinrichsgrün lays for the village and its 12 farmers an own ground book. 1654 the village have had 13 inhabitant farmers. The first genealogic usable reference comes from the "Nothaftische Lehensbuch von 1360" till ca.1405, where Nickel Zwerkengrüner about 1385 give up 2 ½ hof. He comes from a richer family, which presumable descends from the long time not more existing village Zwerkengrün northwestly from Wildstein.

Altengrün is in 1932 a village with school, fire-brigade house and chapel, district and court-district Graslitz, 146 inhabitants, 144 Germans. After 1945 the village was blown up by the Russians.

  • Probable the last photo of Altengrün (Original by Carolin Hettner born Hagenmüller)

    Documents in German and untranslated :

  • Elbogener Urbar 1525 : Altengrün

  • Urbar of Altengrün 1587

  • Tax role 1654 : Altengrün

  • Urbar of Altengrün 1660

  • Inhabitants 1945

  • Churchbooks of Altengrün under county Heinrichsgrün


    <home>  © 1997-2003, Frank Gareis, gaes@gmx.de